Thursday, March 26, 2009

Y'know what, lets just run with the theme of the day.

Favorite Zombie movie: Shaun of the Dead- "A man decides to turn his moribund life around by winning back his ex-girlfriend, reconciling his relationship with his mother, and dealing with an entire community that has returned from the dead to eat the living" (imdb.com) Hilarious movie, part parody of the genre, part actual horror film, part romantic comedy. Main characters are the same guys in Hot Fuzz, if you like that movie.

Favorite Zombie book: World War Z by Max Brooks- Same guy who wrote Zombie Survival Guide, World War Z is an oral history of the Zombie outbreak of the near future. It is written as a series of interviews starting with witnesses of some of the first cases of "African Rabies", up to the aftermath of the war for survival. Really, really great book.

Favorite Zombie game: Dead Rising. This is actually one of the only ones I've played. That's right, I have not played Resident Evil. I'm sorry. When RE5 gets cheap, I'll probably get it and likely enjoy it. But for now, its Dead Rising. Or the PBBG DeadAwaken (in my "Favorite Online Games", check it out). Looking forward to Dead Rising 2.

Zombie book I'm looking forward to reading : Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith. Came out earlier this month. I haven't read P&P, but I really want to read this. And I definitely think that, if it's any good, plenty of other classics could do with zombies in them (Tale of Two Cities, Grapes of Wrath, and 1984, just from the ones I've read in Lit classes). Not that these classics aren't good books as they are, just that everything is better with zombies involved.

That's all I can think of at the moment. I think the zombie theme may be over for today, but you never know.

P.S.
Forgot Favorite Zombie Song. "Re:Your Brains" by Jonathan Coulton, of course. How many zombie songs are there?

No comments:

Post a Comment