Friday, June 05, 2009

A Dream

I've had this bouncing around in my head for a while, and finally put it down. If you really like it and want to share it, go ahead, just be sure to credit it :)

Enjoy.


"I dreamt of her again last night,
standing in the soft moonlight,
in the forest of glass and steel.

She looked at me with eyes wide, bright,
and I knew the time was right,
to tell her what I feel.

I turn towards her, standing there,
wind flowing through her hair,
lovely auburn strands,

We step together, we are so near,
I want to tell her that I care,
and reach out for her hands.

Our lips draw close, about to kiss,
when I sense something amiss,
all is not well here;

Behind my back I hear a hiss,
turn around, did not want this,
a laser, coming from a bear.

Flash of steel beside my face,
something flies into the space,
between me and my love;

Katana swings, frighting pace,
Ninja team is now in place,
Leaping from the sky above.

Great white shark, up from the ground,
chasing Optimus Prime around,
demanding it gets some respect;

As robots march into the fray,
zombies rise up from the grave,
looking for brains to feast;

I run with her, we hope and pray,
just to last one more day,
or be alone again at least.

But it will not be so, I am afraid,
for across the path a shadow played,
and a pale cloaked man appeared.

We fled the path, to search for aid,
but followed we where by this horrible shade,
a vampire, as we feared.

She stumble on a fallen root,
and so he finished his pursuit,
and feasted on her blood;

He turned to me, I stood mute,
I found a gun, but could not shoot,
As I looked down at my love.

He bared his fangs, and moved to me,
I tore a branch off from a tree,
and through his heart drove the stake;

As I look back I now can see,
a piece of wisdom for you, free,
That pizza before bed, I should not have ate."

1 comment:

  1. sexy poem, I'm going to try to put music to it and get back to you, we will make a fortune on the lazer bear itunes market

    Tim Rehbein

    ReplyDelete